MacOS Big Sur is the 11th version of the Macintosh operating system. It is the successor of MacOS 10.15 Catalina. Like, every year Apple Inc. unveiled the new version of MacOS at Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) on June 22, 2020. It was the announcement of MacOS Big Sur 11. Later on, it was publically released on November 12, 2020. So, a question rises that Will my Mac run Big Sur? Hence, we have prepared the list of mac computers that are compatible with MacOS Big Sur.
Apple Inc. gave a new look to Macintosh operating system through Big Sur. Its user interface is eye-catching. It is the first MacOS version that supports ARM-based processors. As well, Big Sur is the first-ever Mac operating system powered by Apple ARM-64 based processors.
Another handy update to Macintosh operating system is support for iOS and iPad Applications, which is a part of Big Sur. Apple is planning to create a good synchronization between its digital products. That brings more flexibility to the products and their usages.
Apple offers bilingual dictionaries in the MacOS Big Sur. Such as French to German, Indonesian-English, Polish to English, and Japanese to Simplified Chines. Moreover, it offers an enhanced predictive input for Chinese and Japanese and new fonts for the Hindi language. Alongside these features, there is more Big Sur brought to you. Such as FaceTime, Podcasts “Listen Now”, better widgets, and some old widgets are removed from the notification center.
What are the Best Features of MacOS Big Sur?
- Time Machine: Well, the Time Machine is a backup mechanism of MacOS. New update of the Time machine utilized APFS instead of HFS+. According to Apple, APFS has better functionality than HFS+, It the backup more reliable, faster, and compact. The MacOS Big Sur’s Time Machine is 2.75-fold faster at initial local backup and 4.0-fold faster subsequent backups compared to MacOS 10.15 Catalina’s Time Machine.
The new Time machine eases your work. As it is formatted default to APFS for local(USB and thunderbolt connections) and network connections. Through this, you can carry on backing up to existing HFS+ formats.
- App Store: Apple is always concerned about user’s privacy. Therefore a dedicated section is added to the App Store to ensure the privacy of the Apps through its information and also adduced third-party notification widgets. As well, a family sharing App subscription is also included. Moreover, now you can find safari extensions from the extensions category.
- Messages: Messages are a part of today’s life. Hence, with every update, there should be work done on messages too. Big Sur brings handy and marvelous features to the messages section. Now, you can sync up to 9 conversations across iPhone, iPad, and MacOS.
- Safari: There are lots of changes in Safari. The privacy of the default Apple browser is improved with a new privacy report option and extension privacy management. Apple enhanced the extension section with Web extensions API. Moreover, a built-in page translator is also added that can translate Spanish, Russian, German, Portuguese, Chinese, and French to English. Alongside these features the Video section is grown as it can support 4K HDR content Netflix with the help of an Apple T2 chip.
Will My Mac run Big Sur?
Let’s get back to the topic. As new versions of software unveiled some of the systems are thrown out of the race. Because they do not own the capability to support and run the new update or version of the traditional software. Therefore, before updating software we should be aware of the newly updated software requirement. We have prepared the list of the Mac Computers that can support and run MacOS Big Sur. Bear in mind, others are dropped. In the case of installation, you may face many problems with your system. So, it is better to carry on with the older version of the Macintosh operating system.
MacOS Big Sur compatible Macs
- MacBook – Early 2015 or new
- MacBook Air – Mid 2013 or new
- iMac – Mid 2014 or new
- iMac Pro
- MacBook Pro – Late 2013 or new
- Mac Mini – Late 2014 or new
- Mac Pro – Late 2013 or new
- Reset MacOS Big Sur Forgotten Password in 3 different methods.
- How to update MacOS 11 Big Sur to the latest version? Ultimate Guide.
Now you are aware of the Big Sur installation system requirement. Moreover, you know that Will My Mac run Big Sur or Not. So, in case of any problem in installation or update, please contact us. And never hesitate to contact us in case of any problem. And let us know your idea in the comment section.