Apple brought tons of changes in the Macintosh Operating System with the release of MacOS Catalina 10.15. It is a piece of good news for you if you are using MacOS Catalina on a Macbook or Virtual Machines. Now you can update MacOS Catalina to the latest version. Because MacOS Catalina update v10.15.7 is out. As a new version of any software comes out, it brings new features and enhances the user-interface and appearance of the software. As well as fixes different bugs and errors of the current version.
Apple is working OS on all its products this year. So, Apple is releasing new updates for iOS 14, iPad 14 operating system, and iWatch6. The users can check it out for better use of their devices. However, you have not upgraded to MacOS Catalina you can give it a try, doesn’t matter you are using MacOS Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, ElCapitan, Yosemite, or even the older version as MacOS X.
So, today we are going to talk about MacOS Catalina update v10.15.7. In case, you are using Windows and want to give it a try MacOS Catalina. So, don’t worry it is possible just, check out these two links. How to install MacOS Catalina on VMware on windows. This article will help you step by step to install MacOS Catalina on WMware.
Is your Macbook compatible with MacOS Catalina?
Before installing any software on your system, you should make sure about the compatibility of your system with the software. In case, software requirement overcomes your machine you may face several issues. Therefore, we have prepared the list below that shows you that is your Macbook compatible with MacOS Catalina. Bear in mind, the Macbooks which are not on the list are not compatible with MacOS Catalina.
- MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 and Newer).
- MacBook Air (Mid 2012 and Newer).
- iMac (2012 and Newer)
- MacBook (Retina. Early 2015 and Newer )
- iMac Pro (2017 and Newer)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013 and Newer)
- Mac Mini (Late 2012, Late 2014, and 2012)
What are the new features of MacOS Catalina update 10.15.7?
MacOS Catalina owns tons of eye-catching features. However, these features are not only eye-catching, but they are handy as well. If you know about MacOS Catalina 10.15 or you have used you can skip this heading. Because is for MacOS Catalina new users.
- SideCar: Well, SideCar is the handiest feature of the latest MacOS. So, with the help of SideCar, you can connect your iPad to your MacBook and use that as an assistant to your computer while working with your MacBook. Secondly, if you are an artist and working on a Drawing pad then SideCar can save your money. Because you can use your iPad as a Drawing pad with the help of SideCar.
- Apple Music, Podcasts, and Apple TV: This trio feature has taken the place of iTunes. So, Apple music offers you over 50 million songs, playlists, and videos with flashing speed performance. Alongside, Apple Music you can access iTunes. Podcasts and Apple TV is a perfect place for high-quality movies and TV shows. Moreover, Apple TV contains over 700,00 shows episode by episode.
- Time Screen: Now you can manage your time by limiting the app usage duration on MacOS. Because Time Screen is a new feature in MacOS Catalina that helps you to complete this task.
What is New in MacOS Catalina Update v10.15.7?
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 is the latest version of Macintosh Operating System Catalina. Apple has worked to make your MacOS more reliable, stable, and compatible with your Macbooks, as well, considered security the most. So, the three major updates are below. Bear in mind, some of the updates are not available for all region.
- Apple News: Now you have no problem with daily time to the time news update. Apple News provides you news coverage of time by time. Also, more stories are available from local news by Apple News+.
- Finder: Now you control and limit the access of people to your iCloud Drive folder by Finder. And, you can grant anyone access with a folder link. As well, you can permit the trust-worthy ones to upload any file or make changes to your iCloud Drive Folder.
- Safari: Apple allows you to import passwords into your iCloud keychain and easily AutoFill your passwords in Mac browser Safari. Also, Safari supports HDR playback on compatible Macbooks for Netflix.
- App Store with Apple Arcade: The Universal Purchase support enables you to use a singular purchase of any app across Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV.
How To Update MacOS Catalina to v10.15.7?
The method we are doing now is for Mac users. If you are a non-apple user you can go ahead with our next heading Update, MacOS Catalina, on VMware.
#1: Navigate to Apple Menu and click on the “System Preferences”.
#2: Click on “Software Update” from the Preferences Panel.
#3: Select the “macOS 10.15.3 update” and click on “Install Now”. Note: As the onwards version of the operating system release the version number and size can vary.
Before you click on Install Now make sure you have enough storage for this update. And, don’t worry about your machine auto-restart because during the update the system needs to restart.
How To Update MacOS Catalina on Virtual Machine(VMware)?
In case, you are a Microsoft Windows user, then follow the below step to update MacOS Catalina to the latest version. Take heed, be sure you have installed MacOS Catalina on VMware completely and correctly without any error. Otherwise, you may problems while using MacOS. For your information, the MacOS updating procedure is very simple but, make sure you have enough storage space because it covers more than a couple of GBs.
1st Step: Open the “VMware Workstation” select the macOS Catalina 10.15 Virtual Machine and click on the “Power On” button.
2nd Step: When the Virtual Machine turns on. After logging in to the operating system. Navigate to the Apple logo and click on the “System Preferences”.
3rd Step: Click on the “Software Update” from the System Preferences panel.
4th Step: In this step the Software Update panel will appear first of all click on “More info” and read the information about the new updates and then click on the “Update Now” button.
5th Step: After your Mac Virtual Machine restarts then you can check the MacOS version. Surely it is updated to MacOS Catalina’s latest version.
- How to update MacOS 11 Big Sur to the Latest version?
- MacOS 11 Big Sur Compatible Mac Computers – Is your Macbook Dropped.
- How to Split Screen on A Mac computer? Easy Method.
In today’s article, we show you How To Update MacOS Catalina to the latest version on Macbook and Virtual Machine. As we talked about the new amazing features of MacOS Catalina, you should give it a try on your MacBook on Virtual Machine to get better use. Be alert because MacOS 10.15.3 is not the latest version Apple is updating it to newer versions.